Saturday, June 20, 2009

Go see Up

Loved the movie Up - go see it. It has some sad parts, but mostly happy ones. It's a story of dreaming, accepting, and living life anew. It's a Pixar animated film, but it is done SO well. And the short film shown right before it called "Partly Cloudy" is hilarious!

One week left of the class I'm teaching (1/2 way there!). I'll be happy when it's done - not that it's going bad, just that it's a little stressful and I put pressure on myself. The students are students and it's summer and they don't always want to be there - I understand... But I feel like I need to have their attention at all times and that they need to be on-task at all times. So I'm hoping that the way I shaped the curriculum lets them learn something new and experience science and a college campus! I've gotten a couple "that was fun" and "I want to be a professional water tester" (or something like that), which is a long way from the 1st few days of feeling like they didn't want to be there at all! So that's more than nothing!

I'm mostly excited to be done teaching because that means I get to go to Colorado - see my friend Jenny Ackerson!, go visit my friends' hostel in Salida, visit and serve at Wilderness Ranch for a few days!, and take a geology class in the mountains of Crested Butte - B-E-A-U-tiful!! I'll try to take a lot of pictures and post them. I'm not always good at that, but I feel like I'll want to share them! So here's hoping:)

And then comes a few days off and then family vacation and then work crew boss-ing at Castaway! I'm beginning to pray for our team's time there and for all the WC kids! I'm a dining hall boss and I'm praying for wisdom and openness in working with the other WC boss (Ron) - so our leadership styles mesh well and we can communicate well. I'm praying for the kids, too and for the rest of the assigned team. A little over a month!

P.S. Can you believe June is 2/3's over?? Okay, don't think about it anymore... Just enjoy your evening, this minute, your day!! Don't wish any days away - live the journey of your life!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment