Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tell your story

I was at a Bible study with some friends in my apartment building tonight. We're reading through the gospel of John and were on chapters 8 and 9 tonight. We discussed a lot of cool stuff. One thing that stuck out to me was John 9:25. When a blind man is made to see by Jesus, he's asked who this Jesus guy is. And the man replies: "Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that thought I was blind, now I see."

Coming back from Wyld Life camp, we heard a lot of the girls' questions about who God is, why Jesus had to die, etc., and then I continued to really consider these questions for myself (and realizing I really have no idea for some of them). I realized that I don't have most of the answers (if any) nor do I really know for sure on why I believe in God. In fact, I don't think anyone could give you a for sure answer to any of those tough questions - a pretty good answer, yes, but no one knows for sure. The thing I do know is my story. I know how Jesus has impacted my life and that is what I can tell. In the same way, the formerly blind man doesn't know how to explain what happened to him, nor does he really know who Jesus is at this point (he talks to Jesus more a few verses later). What he DOES know is that he was blind but now can see. Jesus gave him sight. Wow. What is it that Jesus has done for you? When you're unsure of how to talk about your faith or share it with others, or explain why you believe (because it's nearly impossible sometimes!) - tell your story. Even Jesus didn't always explain. He wanted people to experience life with Him - not just to hear about it. He says "come and see," and "follow me."

Another thought to ponder: I don't hold to the saying "There's a reason for everything." Instead, I think it should be: "God can work good in all things and situations."

Have a wonderful night! I'm going canoeing/cleaning up a river tomorrow with the class I'm teaching - 14 sixteen and under-year-olds and 4 other adults. Pray for safety and fun!

G'night,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment