Monday, June 29, 2009

Trip out to Colorado - Days 1 and 2

Here are some photos from my trip to Colorado so far! I took most of them while driving...Don't worry - no accidents.

Windmills in western Iowa or Nebraska

My first peak at the mountains in Colorado- look closely on the horizon!

Sunset at a park in downtown Denver - I was visiting my friend Jenny who is doing an internship in Denver for June and July. There was a jazz fest going on here and it was really fun:)

First photo from Dinosaur Ridge - the ripples on these rocks were made by waves of water - the rocks at one point were horizontal, but got pushed up more vertically.


One of the many dinosaur bones. I think they said this one was probably a vertebrae. The bones soak up some of the minerals in the rock and are visible because they are shinier than the sandstone around them.


This impression is supposed to be a dinosaur foot print from the underside. The ground became depressed and the rock filled it in, leaving a "fossilized footprint."

A top view of a dinosaur footprint.

Getting close to Buena Vista - here's Mount Princeton!

Downtown Salida!! That's where I'm staying now - I'll try to take a pic of the hostel I'm staying at:) It's really cute - meeting a lot of cool people - a few who are hiking the Continental Divide trail (crazy! but SO cool), another is biking it, a couple other guys are running here to get in better shape. I feel pretty out of shape, but it's fun to hear their stories! And I've gotten to see a few friends from Wilderness, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment