Wednesday, July 1, 2009

At Wilderness Ranch

I made it safely to Wilderness Ranch yesterday by 5pm - in time for dinner:) And I'm done with driving for a few days - probably 17-18 hours total over the last 3 days - ick...

The Ranch got satellite internet since the last time I was here so I am near the office on the internet... Today's most people's day off at camp, but I am staying around to help out with whatever work needs to get done. The pace is slower on day off - well, it's slower at Wilderness than most camps probably anyway, and I'm waiting for lunch which a few people went to go pick up from Freeman's (a short drive away). I got to help foodpack this morning - put a bunch of apples and oranges and brown sugar in double bags (just what they sound like - two bags put inside one another) for next week's trips. Not sure what the agenda is for this afternoon, but I think I need a nap at some point (didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night - new bed and all... top bunks are difficult to get in and out of...).

I am at the Ranch til Sunday - and then headed to Crested Butte for the class. I'm excited to catch up with old friends (have done a bit already) and meet and work alongside a few others too. I'm trying to remember that I'm a guest and not a true member of the present community here - trying to respect their space and not be too demanding of people's time or resources. A few people I know are out on the trail right now, too - so I'm excited to see them on Friday - not sure they know I'm here - so that'll be a fun suprise:)

I hope that I can serve this community well while I'm here by being willing to do whatever needs to be done. I also hope that I let myself relax and dig into the Lord during down time - I have difficulty relaxing sometimes and finding something "to do."

Hope y'all have a great day and I will post again tomorrow:)

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Amy Roberts, Tanner Rowe, and Andrew Martin are there from Washtenaw County. Well, Tanner is on the camp trip for Pioneer at Castaway this week, but he should be back on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really Wilderness if there is satellite internet? ;) Glad you are having a good time. :) It's so fun to read your posts! I really enjoyed looking at the pics too. Love you, KG.

    ReplyDelete