Sunday, July 5, 2009

Couple pix from the Ranch

Here are pictures from my trip to the Ranch and into Crested Butte after the Ranch. I am now at Mt. Crested Butte in a condo - the first night of our Geology class. We start tomorrow.

I only have one pic from my time there - from fireworks on the 4th at Lake City!! I didn't take too many pix while at the Ranch because (1) I already have them from 2 years ago and (2) I was helping out most of the time and not picture-taking. Enjoy the ones I did take:)


The road into the Ranch! So pretty:)

Fireworks on the 4th in Lake City, CO! My first time as part of this Ranch tradition:)

Lake San Cristobal scenic overlook off of 149 on the way to Lake City. It is SO beautiful:) I wish I had taken a few more minutes to take it in and less picture-taking:)

You can see the 14er Uncompagre (sp?) just above the other mountains. I think it's the mountain that Dr. Seuss used as inspiration for the mountain in Grinch.


Just getting into Crested Butte - I think that's Mt. Crested Butte on the right there? Not sure...



Just beautiful mountain and sky!


View from our condo at Mt. Crested Butte! SO great! A little ritzy- but this is where we get to stay for the next 9 days!


Our awesome king size bed that I get to share with a classmate - Anne. I got to the condo first and got dibs on the room - and definitely fought for it! It has a great view:) And it's comfy and great. It's where I'm sitting right now and going to sleep:) Nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that Young Life has at least 2 camps in a town named "Lake City".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, Wilderness Ranch is actually in Creede - lake city is about 45 minutes away.

    ReplyDelete