Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back in Iowa City for a bit

I am back in Iowa City for a bit. It is good, but odd at the same time. After being gone from the community for a while, I have difficulty engaging in it again when I know I'll be gone for another 4 weeks. I had some good time with my junior high friends tonight, but I realized I felt a little detached because I haven't spent time with them in a while. I know this is temporary and relationships will be reestablished when I get back in August.

My next stop: family reunion near Green Bay Wisconsin (July 20-24), then work crew boss at Castaway Club (YL camp) in Detroit Lakes, MN (July 24-Aug. 14).

I'm taking these days to do laundry, visit a few friends, rest, appreciate alone time, pray, and pack for the next part of my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment