Saturday, July 18, 2009

The best times are the unplanned ones

I had an amazing time the other day hanging out on playground toys too small for us. I hung out with two junior high girls. We first visited another Wyld Life leader and ate entirely too much Yummy's cake (or maybe that was just me...) and then we randomly decided to stop at a playground and played on those springy animal toys that you can rock back and forth on. It was great fun. It brought me back to my "little kid Katie" (as Addie calls it). Really, I think the best kind of fun is the unplanned, spontaneous, laid-back, random kind. We laughed so hard and made silly "pew pew" noises as we threw woodchips at each other. It made me happy to remember that you don't have to try to be anything you're not at anytime - like happy and energetic when you're really tired and apathetic. I just decided to be myself and relax and we had a blast.

So I packed (pretty much everything I need for the next month, minus toilettries) last night. Now, I'm just lounging, watching TV and movies, hanging out with my dad a bit. And I realize I have a few errands/odds and ends I need to tie up before I leave, such as paying rent, buying last minute Wal-Mart items, saying bye to my roommate who will be moving out while I'm gone (don't worry, we're not too attached to each other...).

I rarely enjoy doing nothing with my day, but today, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I needed this "nothing" time before spending time with family and then work crew bossing at Castaway!

Such a great summer:)
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment