Thursday, May 21, 2009

A great day: rearrangement and permission to lean on Jesus

Today was a wonderful day. I contemplated different arrangements of furniture in my room, went to an interview for a 2-week summer teaching position, started rearranging my room, ate Panera with a 6th grade friend named April, had dinner with a same-age friend named Kara, and am now heading to bed.

I am reading Jesus Creed by Scot McKnight and learned about Jesus in the Wilderness today. Scot pointed out that Jesus was called into the wilderness just after his baptism (which he never needed - a sinless man repenting for his sins, what? but therefore, could repent perfectly - blows me away!) and is tested in the wilderness the same three ways Israel was tested (to trust God's providence, to trust God's timing, to worship God alone) and Israel failed. But Jesus passed perfectly. And so, Scot says "we can draw on the strength of Jesus who in the wilderness did trust the Father perfectly...Jesus' own trust can empower your struggle to trust." Wow - so freeing. We aren't and will never be perfect but we can lean on Jesus - whose faith and trust in the Father is perfect - in our weakness!

Moved my bed tonight which means I only 1/2-way rearranged my room (did my closet and my bed...) and now I have to wait for help in moving the other pieces of furniture. Hoping to do it soon so my room isn't left ashamble for too long... Anyone want to help me move a bookshelf and a desk from one side of my room to the other? Oh wait, I don't think anyone follows my blog yet, so probably won't get a response;) hehe. But you can say: oh yes, I totally would've helped had I been a trusty follower of Katie Graf's blog that one night... It's okay - I forgive you preemptively - oo, another thing Scot talks about in his book. It's a good one - read it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I think I'm your first comment. Even though I'm not a blogger, I like to read other people's to keep up, especially since we moved. I would love to help you moved your bookshelf and desk... if I lived there. :) Great comments about the book. I have a thought about that that I'll write about more in an email. Love you KG! love Ang

    ReplyDelete