Saturday, May 23, 2009

Live Simply

A sign on my desk days: Live Simply. This past few days, in my efforts to rearrange my room, I have been trying to minimize and create a space for myself - a space that's life-giving, a space that's simple and free of clutter. I'm not quite there - I have a few more organizing tasks to do to maximize functionality... but it's better. I've managed to section my room into a bed/book/relax area and a desk/get-it-done area. My desk now has a hutch on top that will hopefully keep some of the clutter off my desk...

Watched Kung Foo Panda tonight with my dad. It wasn't as funny as Madagascar but it was pretty good - a simple message: "there is no secret ingredient, you just have to believe in yourself" (or something like that). It was good to spend time with my dad. And we actually made dinner instead of getting food out:) We make a good team.

Not sure if I'm all that cut-out to be a blogger. I still hold some fears of self-disclosure as I'm not totally sure who all is reading this, since anyone has access (I think). And my thoughts aren't all too interesting... I'm hoping for some philosophical ones here at some point:) We'll see how it goes - 4 days - so far, so good.

More adventures to come...

1 comment:

  1. I here you on the blogging pressure - it is intimidating to start one but you can be sure that I'm reading and enjoying knowing you more! :)

    ReplyDelete